Google My Business Page Tips for Better Search Results
Optimizing your Google My Business Page is the simplest and most important tool for boosting your SEO and search results. Here are a few tips that will help your ranking on Google and increase your visibility = more customers. Download the Google My Business App and claim your account. Verify your account. Post to it on a regular basis- images, offers, videos, news, and so on.
- Optimization- The most important thing you can do is to claim, maintain and optimize your Google My Business (GMB) page. If you haven’t already, download the GMB app and use it a lot. You’ll need to review and confirm the information is correct every month or two in the GMB app
- Basic business info (Company Name, Address, Phone, Hours)
- Primary and secondary categories
- Photos (geo-tag these for “Near Me” search results)
- Website (should be linking to your website. If you don’t have one, get one. At the very least, create a Facebook business page. Go to a business listing and hit the “Create Page” button. A business page is different from a personal page. People make that mistake all the time
- Add-on features (woman or minority-owned, if you have WIFI, handicap accessible, etc. Check all that apply)
- Citations- These are directory listings where your company info would appear on other websites (Yelp, CitySearch, YellowPages, etc.) There are literally 1000's of them. More is better. Very important the info is consistent. Google likes consistency. If you use parentheses around the area code, do it everywhere. If you put the address on one line and suite number on another, do it like that everywhere.
- Reviews- Important for obvious reasons but it’s not just the quality of reviews but also the frequency that matters. Ask customers to check in on Facebook, write a review on Facebook and Google, post a picture, etc. Most will do it if asked.
- Engagement- Be responsive to reviews and inquiries. Do it in a timely manner. Post images, offers, videos, and news to your GMB page regularly. Post to your Facebook and Instagram consistently. If you post every day or every other day, try to do it at roughly the same time each day. Again, consistency matters.
We hope you found this information useful. If so, we would appreciate you writing a favorable review. If there’s anything we can do to help, let us know.
Review us on Google – https://g.page/r/CYdsG_toMTQBEA0/review
Like us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/archerdm/
Thanks in advance